Sunday, January 7, 2007

Weekend stuff

Played in DC on Friday. Drove a total of 424 miles in one day. Nice. There were about 90 guests at this corporate party. Seven of them danced. I can picture the conversation: "Well… our company is comprised of 90% men, so that means at the party we'll have about a 5 to 1 ratio of men to women. Hmmm… LET'S HIRE A DANCE BAND!"

Hey- don't get me wrong- I'll take the gig- it's just weird to expect a big funk dance party at a business sausage fest. Anyway…

Had Saturday off so we went to the incredibly cool Grounds For Sculpture. This is a museum/park located outside of Trenton , NJ. I had played a wedding there this past spring- and I wanted to go back and walk the grounds. With the Al Gore weather, it was an absolutely LOVELY day. The park combines both modern sculpture with re-creations of classic pieces of art. Huh? Well- you know the painting that Monet did of the bridge over the water lilies? Well- YOU CAN WALK ACROSS THAT BRIDGE. It's done really well, and not nearly as cheesy as it sounds. (I believe the painting is officially called The Bridge at Argenteuil…) There's also a recreation of Manet's "The Luncheon on the Grass" using both landscape and life-size figure/statues, as well as some Monet and Seurat recreations. Very cool stuff. Took a slew of pictures, an I'll put them up somewhere soon. If you live anywhere near this place, go check it out!

One more quick thing- I've realized that I complain a lot in this blog. I think it's only because that makes for funnier writing. I REALLY don't think that I see the negative in everything- I only BLOG about the negative in everything.

Hmmm… I'll have to keep an eye on that.

No comments: